Leader in Training (LIT)/Counselor in Training (CIT) Programs
Adolph & Rose Levis JCC and the Marleen Forkas Camps continue to follow CDC, state and local guidelines to ensure the safety of every camper. Dates and activities are subject to change based on updates to guidelines.
In our LIT (entering 9th grade) and CIT (entering 10th grade) programs, young adults combine their love of camp with a valuable hands-on learning experience in a fun camp setting! We provide mentoring and training sessions throughout the summer and they receive community service hours for every hour spent at camp.
June 13 - August 5 (no camp July 4)
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
$550 for 4 weeks
$800 for 8 weeks
There will be a $100 registration fee per camper.
Campers Entering 9th Grade
Teens entering 9th grade now have the option to continue in Manhigim or join our new Leader in Training (LIT) Program! The LIT program offers teens their first chance to experience post-camper life—before they’re full CITs. The Leader in Training (LIT) program prepares campers to be Counselor in Training (CIT), counselors, and future leaders. LITs have the option to work with a specialist or with a camp group throughout the summer and receive community service hours.
Campers Entering 10th Grade
As a Counselor in Training young adults will assist counselors and gain leadership training and experience. Under supervision, CITs work directly with children and/or specialists and balance work responsibilities with lots of summer fun and earn community service hours.
- Receive community service hours
- Participate in a variety of learning sessions for personal and professional growth
- Resume builder, Levis JCC will provide a college reference letter (if requested)
- Become a role model and share your knowledge with younger campers
- Build self-confidence and gain experience
- Acquire important problem solving and communication skills for future challenges in the classroom or on the job
- Develop leadership skills and put them into practice daily
- Create new programs and lead special events for groups, units and all of Camp
- Learn from and work with counselors from all walks of life
- Help create the fun and unique culture that makes camp so special while building lifelong friendships
- When applying for counselor positions the following summer, priority is given to participants who successfully complete our CIT program
How long is the LIT/CIT Program?
We require that you attend at least 4 consecutive weeks, although to get the full benefits of the program, the full summer is the way to go!
What is the program like?
Our LITs/CITs are exposed to several aspects of staff responsibilities and will assist part-time in a group and part-time in a specific activity area. LITs/CITs are placed this way so that they learn the importance of all the features of our program. In addition, there are specific training sessions as well as social time. LITs/CITs are expected to attend the daily staff meeting which takes place every morning so they are updated on the daily schedule.
What age campers do CITs work with?
When assigned to a group to learn the Counselor Experience, CIT’s work with campers ages 5-8. When assigned to an activity to learn the Specialty Experience, CIT’s work with campers of all ages. The CIT Coordinator assigns CITs to groups based upon a combination of factors, including CIT preference.
Do LITs/CITs earn community service hours?
LITs/CITs earn community service hours for the days they participate in our program
LIT/CIT Learning Sessions
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County:
How to Connect to OUR Community
- Jewish Family Services Programming
- Revolution Prep - SAT Learning Sessions
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL):
Education in Action
- Camp Team:
- Camp Team:
What it Means to Be a Counselor
- Camp Team:
Communication is Key
- Water Safety and What It Means to Lifeguard
- Special Needs Team:
- Wellness Team: Benefits of Wellness
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Activities and Planning
CANCELLATION POLICY: We will gladly issue a full refund (excluding a $100 registration fee) through March 31, 2022.
CampMinder Parent Portal »
Ask a Question or Send a Message »
NANCY CARROLL | Camp Supervisor | 561-852-5090 | firstname.lastname@example.org